March 25, 2009

Rodeo Austin
























As this was my first time to the rodeo, I had no idea what to expect. I knew there were cowboys and bucking bruncos, bull riding and rodeo clowns; however watching this phenomenon of man versus beast I have developed a new respect for all involved. I am amazed how well trained these animals are. Watching cowboys try and stay on bucking bulls for 8 seconds is like watching a car wreck, but once that 8 seconds (or less) is over and the beast is cowboy-free it knows the performance is over and its back to the pen. Of course there is always one who refuses to be tamed, but can you really blame 'em. I wasn't a fan of the calf roping, stills seems pretty cruel in my book, but you gotta give it to these guys, they are craftsman and truly great at what they do and that is always inspiring to watch.

No comments: