March 08, 2010

Special Branch































Graeme Brusby, aka Xenz is by far one of my favorite artists. A good friend introduced me to his work and I am so glad he did! Every morning I get to wake up to the singing birds of 'Special Branch', well at least in my mind they are singing. This print with hand painted splashes of color is so precious to me, (notice his tag in the twisted branches) probably because its the first piece of original art I have purchased. Finally after a year and a half, I finally have the perfect space to appreciate it.

I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to work at the Lawrence Art and Frame where I was able to build this frame and make a home for this piece, otherwise it may still be sitting in its cardboard tube, where no art should be.


No comments: